Monday 3 September 2012

Dead Men's Dust by Matt Hilton




I enjoyed this novel from the very start. Matt Hilton's fast paced narrative drew me in and hooked me immediately. The banter between the main characters Joe Hunter and Jared Rington was humourous and fun. However, at times it was a little forced but never enough to turn me off.
I believe this was Matt Hilton's debut novel and for a debut it's very accomplished. The action scenes worked very well and anyone who has ever tried to write an action sequence will know that it’s tougher than the reader would believe.

Hilton did an excellent job in getting us into the depraved mind of the character known as the Harvestman. Although the action thriller genre is not known for its strength in chacterisation I felt that Hilton scored points here. I saw great potential in this area. Hilton's descriptive writing, especially in the build up to the final scene, was top notch. Stark imagery that suited the grave situation perfectly.
A book not without it’s flaws but a very enjoyable page turner none the less. I will be following the exploits of Joe Hunter from now on.

Genre:  Action Thriller
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
Format: E-book, Hardcover, Paperback
Rating:  4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment